Scene group ZWT released a newest version of VMware Workstation. VMware Workstation 9 continues VMware’s tradition of delivering the virtual hardware that technical professionals deserve and rely on every day. With support for Windows 8, restricted VMs, Open GL support for Linux and a new web interface to access virtual machines, it’s the perfect tool for getting work done.
Description: VMware Workstation is a powerful virtual machine software for system administrators and developers who want to revolutionize software development, deployment and testing in their enterprise. Shipping for more than five years and winner of over a dozen major product awards, VMware Workstation enables software developers to develop and test the most complex networked server-class applications running on Microsoft Windows, Linux or NetWare all on a single desktop. Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators.
- Access Anytime, Anywhere – VMware Workstation provides a seamless way to access all of the virtual machines you need, regardless of where they are running. Remotely connect to virtual machines running on VMware vSphere, ESXi or another copy of VMware Workstation. Workstation’s web interface lets you access local and server hosted virtual machines from your PC, smart phone, tablet or any device with a modern browser.
- Run a Cloud on Your PC – Workstation enables you to build a cloud on your laptop. You can run VMware’s Micro Cloud Foundry and other cloud infrastructures such as Apache’s OpenStack. You can also run Big Data applications from companies like Cloudera including the Apache™ Hadoop™ software library.
- Take Your Productivity to the Next Level – Run applications on multiple operating systems including Linux, Windows and more at the same time on the same PC without rebooting. Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment. Demonstrate complex software applications on a single laptop in a repeatable, reliable manner. Rich integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse and the SpringSource Tool Suite make it incredibly easy to test applications on multiple platforms. Simply drag and drop virtual machines to move them between your PC and VMware vSphere
- Run Your Most Demanding Applications – VMware Workstation takes advantage of the latest hardware to replicate server and desktop environments. Create virtual machines with up to 8 virtual processors or 8 virtual cores, 2 TB virtual disks and up to 64 GB of memory per virtual machine to run the most demanding applications. In addition, Workstation has support for HD audio with 7.1 surround sound, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) and Bluetooth.
- Share the Benefits by Sharing Virtual Machines – Sharing a virtual machine is the quickest way to share and test applications with your team in a more production-like environment. Run VMware Workstation as a server to share virtual machines with your teammates, department or organization. VMware Workstation provides enterprise caliber control over user access.
- The Best 3D Graphics – VMware Workstation was the first to support 3D graphics in virtualized environments including the Microsoft Windows Aero user interface. Run even more 3D applications with support for DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1 3D graphics in Windows and Linux virtual machines.