CORE has released the updated version of “Resharper”. It’s a commercial addin for Visual Studio that is like having a third arm. It adds in as a menu and complete integration within Visual Studio.
Description: ReSharper is the must-have productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio. It comes equipped with a rich set of features that greatly increase the productivity of .NET developers working with C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XAML, and build scripts. ReSharper analyzes errors and warnings in C# code across your whole solution and highlights them in the editor while you type. For most errors it offers to solve the problem instantly, with quick-fixes. ReSharper offers a number of shortcuts for streamlining common coding tasks. For example, ReSharper extends and improves native Visual Studio IntelliSense with three types of intelligent Code Completion, suggests to insert a missing using directive right after you’ve entered a type name.
- Status Indicator as the essential UI item that helps review errors and warnings in a file.
- Value tracking to find out where incorrect values come from.
- Structural Search and Replace to search, replace, and create custom code inspections using structured patterns.
- Type Hierarchy and type members preview.
- Easy code commenting & uncommenting.