Unleashed released this nice game “Osmos”. The game recieved a lot of great reviews from gamers, and it’s fun to play it. You’re playing as some kind of small bacterium and making a progress through the game by assimilating/eating other lifeforms. Somehow it reminds me on first stage of SPORE game. Try it. Total time-waster! Gameplay trailer can be seen here.
Description: Enter the ambient world of Osmos: elegant, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and a minimalist, electronic soundtrack.
Your objective is to grow by absorbing other motes. Propel yourself by ejecting matter behind you. But be wise: ejecting matter also shrinks you. Relax – good things come to those who wait.
- Independent Games Festival finalist in three categories: Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Excellence in Design and Technical Excellence
- Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and more challenging worlds. (47 levels, plus bonus content)
- Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you
- Selected as one of the 2009 PAX 10
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge