UNION has released the new version of “Digital Performer 8”. Digital Performer represents a complete studio production experience on your computer desktop. Record, edit, mix, process and master polished recordings.
Description: Left brain, right brain. Digital Performer 8 is designed equally for both, with insiprational features devised to ignite your creative muse, combined with state-of-the-art studio production technologies engineered for the most demanding, world-class recording and production environments. Make no mistake: beneath Digital Performer’s inspired user interface lies a refined audio recording and mixing engine with uncompromising devotion to the absolute highest standards in audio quality, down to the very last sample.
- If a movie is fullscreen, switching chunks now preserves fullscreen viewing.
- Improved performance when the Movie Track is visible. Improved video scrubbing.
- Waveform drawing is now smoother at certain zoom levels.
- Improved bounce to disk in projects with VST plug-ins.
- Improved stability and performance when using MIDI ports and ReWire (for Reason, Bidule, etc.).
- Improved stability with Kontakt 4 and 5 under 64-bit operation.
- Improved compatibility with VEP, EastWest Play, Spectrasonics Omnisphere, and Mac OS X 10.8′s AUSampler.
- Addressed an issue where abutting MIDI notes might not play back properly.
- Autosave now creates a sub-folder in the project folder and saves incremental versions there.
- Many improvements in waveform drawing and editing.
- Fixed entry of diminished (°) and major 7th+ chord (?) symbols in QuickScribe.
- Merging chunks in a song now takes the tempo mode from the song itself.
- Effect categories in the Effect Chooser now contain all variants of a plug-in, not just the one added.
- Restored scroll wheel sensitivity to be more like DP 7 and earlier.
- The following feature has been restored: if tracks are selected when switching to the Mixing Board or QuickScribe windows, only those tracks are shown.
- Fixed an issue with timestamps in broadcast wave files.