BetterZip… The name of this software speak itself. Pre-cracked courtesy of i/o.
BetterZip lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting their contents.
Similar to the Finder it has a sidebar on the left side into which you can drop your favorite folders for archives, e.g., your downloads folder. The main file list in the center shows the contents of the archive and on the right side is a sidebar which can display a preview of the selected file.
- Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don’t have to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
- Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, XAR, GZip, BZip2, RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX.
- Create Archives: Simply drag files and folders from your hard drives, disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to copy all the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats are ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, XAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR (using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be split.
- Protect Your Data: BetterZip can protect your data with a password and create WinZip compatible AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected.
- Update Archives: Add new or updated files to existing archives. Remove any file or folder from an archive, or even move files around inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
- Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac specific files and resource forks from archives for best compatibility with systems like Windows or Linux.
- Added Spanish localization.
- You can now unset the default and service presets in the preset configuration.
- 1024px application icon for retina display Macs.
- Fixed a small memory leak.
- Fixed a crash when extracting 7-zip archives with a custom-set, invalid temp folder.
- DEB archives were not handled correctly in some cases.
- Fixed compression of symbolic links.
- Fixed the file attributes when extracting certain executables zipped on a Windows box.
- Extracting a single folder from a SIT archive didn’t work.
- “No compression” didn’t work for files larger than 4GB.
- When directly extracting a rar file, passwords were not tried automatically, even if the option to do so was set in the preferences.
- When changing the order of presets, the default choices were lost.
- Fixed the 1-click “Download & Install” function for the external rar commandline utility.
Release name: Macitbetter.BetterZip.v2.3.1.MAC.OSX-P2P
Links: Homepage –