FOSI comes with SpaceObServer, powerful and flexible hard disk space manager for Windows.
Description: It scans local and network drives using a background service and stores their structure, sizes and properties in an SQL database.
- The size of each folder is displayed directly in the file system tree.
- A background service, the SpaceObServer Agent, regularly scans selected drives and stores the collected data in an SQL database.
- Scan network drives without the need to install additional software on the servers you want to observe.
- By using the NTFS Change Journals SpaceObServer is able to update information about local NTFS drives continuously, which results in disk usage information that is always up to date.
- Duplicate files can be identified by the MD5 checksum of their content or a combination of name, size and last change date.