P2P group has released the updated version of “FILEminimizer Server”.
Description: FILEminimizer Server compresses PDF files, the latest Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013 files as well as image files in the formats JPG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, EMF and PNG directly on the file server from 50-90%. The original format is retained so that files can be opened and edited – without any decompression needed. With an average compression rate of over 70%, FILEminimizer Server helps IT Administrators to instantly gain back enormous storage space, save on data transfer and storage costs and shorten backup times. FILEminimizer Server is a professional storage solution which also helps you to enhance your deduplication strategies.
- Microsoft Office, PDF and image file compression from 50-90% directly on file servers
- PDF file compression on servers from 50-90%: compress PDF scans, “born-digital” PDF files and print-ready PDF files
- Compresses all Microsoft Office formats (PowerPoint 97-2013, Word 97-2013, Excel 97-2013) and JPG, TIFF, BMP, EMF, GIF and PNG image files directly on file servers
- Keeps all file attributes to be fully compliant with Data Lifecycle Management and archiving solutions
- Developed for Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012. Linux, Virtual Servers, NAS, SAN Storage and other servers can be optimized as well
- Multi-Core Support: perform fast optimizations using every processor on your server
- Continous Optimization: FILEminimizer Server detects corrupted Microsoft Office files and images and skips them. Also, the software detects already optimized files and skips them the next time they are to be optimized which leads to faster optimization runs
- Profile Wizard: create individual and flexible optimization profiles to optimize data and file servers in the best possible manner for your company. The Profile – Assistant lets you decide which Microsoft Office and image files (type, size, date) in which locations of a file server shall be optimized with which optimization criteria
- Scheduler for automated server optimizations: perform the optimization process automatically, for example in the evening or on weekends
- Includes a free “Storage Analyzer” to help assess the optimization potential for both Microsoft Office and image files
- Immediate Return on Investment: positive ROI after a few months due to storage cost savings and data traffic reductions.
What’s New HERE