P2P guys has released the updated version of “Little Snitch” for OSX. It can be used to monitor applications, preventing or permitting them to connect to attached networks through advanced rules.
Description: Little Snitch gives you control over your private outgoing data.
Track background activity: As soon as your computer connects to the Internet, applications often have permission to send any information wherever they need to. Little Snitch takes note of this activity and allows you to decide for yourself what happens with this data.
Control your network: Choose to allow or deny connections, or define a rule how to handle similar, future connection attempts. Little Snitch runs inconspicuously in the background and it can even detect network-related activity of viruses, trojans, and other malware.
- Greatly improved support for iOS Simulator apps in Connection Alerts, Network Monitor and Configuration. Read our blog post for details on how iOS Simulator apps are now handled in Little Snitch.
- Added support for showing iOS App Extension icons.
- Improved handling of via connections:
- Connection alerts now show a cancel button if either the parent or the via process is terminated.
- Until Quit rules are now valid until both the parent process and via process have terminated.
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite changed how incoming ssh connections are handled. Incoming connections are no longer handled by sshd directly but instead by launchd. On OS X 10.10 Yosemite, this version of Little Snitch automatically converts existing rules to ensure incoming SSH connections work as expected.
- Little Snitch menubar item no longer occupies space when disabled.
- Fixed: The process owner in Network Monitor Snapshots was “root” instead of the actual user in many cases. Snapshots now store the user’s names and show them correctly.
- Software update checks are now using HTTPS. We will gradually enable HTTPS for all other connections to our servers in the near future.
Release Name: Little.Snitch.v3.5.MacOSX-P2P
Size: 20.7 MB
Links: Homepage – NFO – NTi – TPB
DOWNLOAD: UPLOADED.net – MIRROR