3DM has released the Early Access game “Darkwood” for Windows.
Description: Darkwood is in Early Access right now. This means the game will have bugs (ranging from minor annoyances to not being able to run the game at all) and will change during development. Your savegames will be wiped on each update, which will happen about once a month. However it may happen that if we are in the middle of implementing a new chapter, or making a transition to a newer version of our game engine, these updates may be slower. If these things bother you and you’d rather just play the finished game, simply wait until the final release.
Darkwood is a game about survival, exploration and fear, set in mysterious woods somewhere in the territory of the Soviet Bloc. It is a top-down, free-roam, surreal horror experience with a randomized world, taking cues from classic games, where oftentimes you had to figure things out for yourself. By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience.
- Randomly generated, open world.
- The first chapter of the game.
- Several skills and perks to choose from when leveling your character.
- Several types of enemies, each having a different set of behaviours.
- Choices and consequences. These will be much more visible in the later chapters.
- Crafting, barricades and traps.
- Mysteries, secrets, and surprises!
- A couple of melee and (rare) ranged weapons.
- A few NPCs to talk, trade with, complete tasks for, or kill.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG, Early Access
Developer: Acid Wizard Studio
Publisher: Acid Wizard Studio
Download: Uploadable.ch – Uploaded.net (Single Links)