Apple will present iPhone 5 on conference in San Francisco in 2 minutes, there is no official broadcast but many websites offer live streams updated by their editors who are blogging from the conference. Check out this live Apple iPhone 5 coverage on TheVerge!
Tim Cook presenting new iPhone 5 right now:
“Just last quarter we sold a whopping 17m iPads. Now to put this in perspective, we sold more iPads than any PC manufacturer sold of their entire lineup.”
- “It’s made entirely of glass and aluminum.”
- “It’s the thinnest phone we’ve ever made, and the lightest.”
- 18% thinner than iPhone 4S, 7.6 mm
- 20% lighter than the 4S, 112 grams
- Retina display, 326 PPI, 1136 x 640 screen resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio
- “The new screen on iPhone 5 is a 4 inch display.”
- 44% more color sturation
- “We’ve added HSPA+, DC-HSDPA, and yes… LTE.”
- “There’s now a single chip for voice and data, and a single radio chip.”
- The Apple A6 chip - ”Compared to the A5, it’s two times faster… but 22% smaller.”
- Battery exceeing the one in iPhone 4S. 225 hours in standby, 8 hours 3G talk time.
- Camera: 8mp, backside illuminated, hybrid IR filter, Dynamic low light mode, precision lens alignment, sapphire crystal.
- The most amazing new feature in the iPhone 5 is called panorama - It’s panorama mode.
- 1080p video, improved video stability, face detection — you can take photos while shooting video.
- Three microphones, bottom, front, and back.